Thursday, April 26, 2007

family trials.

The whole ordeal with my brother is still going on. Oh, I know, big shocker. For those that have no clue, here's the basics:

My brother is sixteen years old; he's a video game fanatic. All he's done since he was in middle school was play his video games. Literally. When he would come home from school, that was all he would do. When he got into high school, things got much worse. He started to slack off on his homework and schoolwork; so much so that he would just not do any of it. At all. So, the result? My parents (stupidly, in my opinion) took him out of public school and put him into homeschooling for a heaping amount of money. Since January (when he was pulled out of public school), he hasn't done a lick of schoolwork. My parents haven't done a lot of anything to prevent it. All he does is stay up at ungodly hours and play World of Warcraft, then sleeping during the day. Mom and Dad have tried to have a teacher that's a friend of ours help him and get him on track, but so far, it's not working. They've taken him to see psychiatrist after psychiatrist, all of them basically not doing any good. One nutjob told my parents that taking the game away would be a bad idea. I think he's full of crapola.

The game is what got him into this mess in the first place. How do I know? Well, every time my parents have taken the game away from him, even for a short period of time, he did his make-up work. He caught up in every single class, and then when he got the game back, he'd fall back into that downward spiral. It's just shocking to me how my mother does not see this pattern.

What also bugs me to no end is how my mother treats him. He's the baby, so of course he's going to get more attention. Here's the funny part; he's sixteen and she does everything for him. She cleans his room (okay she's cleaned mine twice but only because I wasn't home to do it; I was in the hospital), brings food up to him, makes him meals (late at night), runs to get fast food for him when she knows there's food in the house he can make himself. When I tell her he needs to make his own meals and clean his own room, she tells me he's not like me, and he isn't able to. Uhhhh...well, he has two arms, two legs, and is a strong young boy (I don't say 'man' on purpose). He can very well take care of himself. I don't see why not. Then, she'll attack me, telling me how we all know I hate my brother. Hmm, the reason why I say the things I say to my mother is because I love him and want him to grow up to be independent, not living at home at 40 years old.

I wish I had all day to rant about this, because I really could. I should stop, however, because I have some work to do and I'm just mentally drained.

Do svidania! (See you later in Russian, hehe.)

No comments: