So the relay rocked, other than the fact that it ended at 2am because of rain and the possibility of thunder and lightning. Here's how it happened beginning to end:
Kristy and I arrived at around 6pm on the dot, and I got roped into the Survivor's Lap while Kristy and I were looking for our team. After the lap, I went to find Kristy and we spotted our team members (thank God), and helped them with the tents. It was fun, Kristy and I got our own tent, and we were walking a bit. Joey came down and found us, and walked a lap with us. When we came back to the beginning again, Matt was there to see us. I gave him the biggest hug ever! I hadn't seen him since early last summer. It was so good to see him.
After that, we went into our tent, and Briana and her boyfriend Dan found us. We eventually decided to grab dinner with them all instead of the team and went over to Matt's dorm. We all watched YouTube videos and joked around. It was so fun! I love them, they're all so classic.
The problem with getting together with them, though, was that I kind of felt a little out of place. I never knew half of what they were talking about, and they all are band people. So, I kind of would sit there and ask "huh?" when I didn't know what something was. They'd have to explain, and it was just...well...not my scene. I never had felt that way around them before, so it was a tad bit depressing to me.
Around 11pm Kristy and I went back to the Relay, and we walked about a lap before Elliot found us and we walked a couple laps together just chatting and having a good time. We went back to our tent and he eventually left.
So we basically were just chatting and hanging out in the tent when our group "knocked" on our tent and told us they were closing the Relay at 2am because of the rain and possibility of thunder and lightning. They said they were leaving and going to take the tents down and such, and that we can stay with them if we wanted to. We called Joey and decided to bunk with him in his dorm. He came and got us and we walked to his dorm, and we hung out for a while there with his friends on his floor. It was really fun! They're all nice people.
Joey played a prank on us though. His friend across the hall IMed him playing as his girlfriend saying she was pregnant and she didn't want the baby. They went back and forth on it, and it was messed up...Joey was laughing and such 'cause he knew who it was, while Kristy and I are like, what in the heck is going on here?! Joey said he'd call "her", so he did....and I could hear the guy's voice...I said IT'S A DUDE! and Joey was like "SH*T", and ran to his friend's dorm room. I ran after the doofus! I smacked him so many times he's probably got bruises. What a jerko.
So we finally went to bed around 5:45am or so, and slept until noon. Came home about a half hour ago.
All I can say is THANK GOD I'M HOME!
Kristy and I arrived at around 6pm on the dot, and I got roped into the Survivor's Lap while Kristy and I were looking for our team. After the lap, I went to find Kristy and we spotted our team members (thank God), and helped them with the tents. It was fun, Kristy and I got our own tent, and we were walking a bit. Joey came down and found us, and walked a lap with us. When we came back to the beginning again, Matt was there to see us. I gave him the biggest hug ever! I hadn't seen him since early last summer. It was so good to see him.
After that, we went into our tent, and Briana and her boyfriend Dan found us. We eventually decided to grab dinner with them all instead of the team and went over to Matt's dorm. We all watched YouTube videos and joked around. It was so fun! I love them, they're all so classic.
The problem with getting together with them, though, was that I kind of felt a little out of place. I never knew half of what they were talking about, and they all are band people. So, I kind of would sit there and ask "huh?" when I didn't know what something was. They'd have to explain, and it was just...well...not my scene. I never had felt that way around them before, so it was a tad bit depressing to me.
Around 11pm Kristy and I went back to the Relay, and we walked about a lap before Elliot found us and we walked a couple laps together just chatting and having a good time. We went back to our tent and he eventually left.
So we basically were just chatting and hanging out in the tent when our group "knocked" on our tent and told us they were closing the Relay at 2am because of the rain and possibility of thunder and lightning. They said they were leaving and going to take the tents down and such, and that we can stay with them if we wanted to. We called Joey and decided to bunk with him in his dorm. He came and got us and we walked to his dorm, and we hung out for a while there with his friends on his floor. It was really fun! They're all nice people.
Joey played a prank on us though. His friend across the hall IMed him playing as his girlfriend saying she was pregnant and she didn't want the baby. They went back and forth on it, and it was messed up...Joey was laughing and such 'cause he knew who it was, while Kristy and I are like, what in the heck is going on here?! Joey said he'd call "her", so he did....and I could hear the guy's voice...I said IT'S A DUDE! and Joey was like "SH*T", and ran to his friend's dorm room. I ran after the doofus! I smacked him so many times he's probably got bruises. What a jerko.
So we finally went to bed around 5:45am or so, and slept until noon. Came home about a half hour ago.
All I can say is THANK GOD I'M HOME!

No comments:
Post a Comment