Well, as most of you may or may not know, I participate in FIRST Robotics, a program that raises awareness of science and technology. My team had a celebratory dinner last night. It started out very fun, and it was great to be there with Seth and have a good time talking to the parents and students. I truly missed the students; they're such bright individuals.
Later on, we had a discussion about what we liked and disliked about this past season. Afterward, the parents said that they mainly held this dinner to celebrate the mentors (me, Dan, Jay, Seth, Doru). PDag (one of three Pauls, we had to use their first initial and part of their last name to keep from confusing one another!) made a speech about me, saying things like how everytime he'd talk to me he'd walk away with a smile on his face, that I gave them the encouragement they needed to keep the team going instead of folding, etc. It just was so sweet, I swear I almost cried. Recognition like that was just something I never had experienced, so it was a complete surprise. They gave me a CD with videos, pictures, documents, and other stuff, a certificate with a small blurb on the bottom, and a big umbrella with TEAM [#] engraved on the handle. I think that definitely made my year.
So, I really should go work on my paper that's due on Thursday for English. I just wanted to "write" down that event. It's something I'll never forget.
Later on, we had a discussion about what we liked and disliked about this past season. Afterward, the parents said that they mainly held this dinner to celebrate the mentors (me, Dan, Jay, Seth, Doru). PDag (one of three Pauls, we had to use their first initial and part of their last name to keep from confusing one another!) made a speech about me, saying things like how everytime he'd talk to me he'd walk away with a smile on his face, that I gave them the encouragement they needed to keep the team going instead of folding, etc. It just was so sweet, I swear I almost cried. Recognition like that was just something I never had experienced, so it was a complete surprise. They gave me a CD with videos, pictures, documents, and other stuff, a certificate with a small blurb on the bottom, and a big umbrella with TEAM [#] engraved on the handle. I think that definitely made my year.
So, I really should go work on my paper that's due on Thursday for English. I just wanted to "write" down that event. It's something I'll never forget.

No comments:
Post a Comment