So I saw my endocrinologist today. She's basically my treatment doctor, in case y'all didn't know what an endocrinologist is.
To sum it up, she said that I can get my wisdom teeth taken out (there was a conflict with my thyroid hormone levels), I need medication for my panic attacks (I'll explain that in a bit), and that we're having another appointment in late June to discuss the schedule for the next scan, which will take place in September.
About my next scan; for those that did not know, I have to go off my medication six weeks prior, take Cytomel (basically a replacement thyroid hormone) for three weeks, then take nothing for the last three. Two weeks before my scan, I have to go on a low-iodine diet. That means no: dairy, processed meats, salt, soy, red dye, molasses, seafood, etc. Anything with iodine in it I can't have. So, essentially, I can have non-iodized salt, plain meat, rice, veggies, fruits, veggies, veggies, fruits, fruits, sugar, sugar...yeah, you all get the point. The day before my scan, I go to the hospital and take 5 millicuries of radioactive iodine (not enough to harm anyone) and go home. The radioactive iodine they give me that day will light up any thyroid tissues left in my neck. The next day I have my scan, which will determine if anything is left. Let's hope not.
Now, about my panic attacks. I've been getting them now and then for about a week or so. I got one that was pretty bad Saturday night, and I got another one last night. I basically feel like I'm going to die, I feel as if I cannot breathe, I get nauseated and nervous, and I am starting to get headaches with the attacks as well. I just hope when school is over they lessen in seriousness if not go away. I need to talk to my doctor about medication though, so that should help.
If it's not one thing, everyone, it's always another.
To sum it up, she said that I can get my wisdom teeth taken out (there was a conflict with my thyroid hormone levels), I need medication for my panic attacks (I'll explain that in a bit), and that we're having another appointment in late June to discuss the schedule for the next scan, which will take place in September.
About my next scan; for those that did not know, I have to go off my medication six weeks prior, take Cytomel (basically a replacement thyroid hormone) for three weeks, then take nothing for the last three. Two weeks before my scan, I have to go on a low-iodine diet. That means no: dairy, processed meats, salt, soy, red dye, molasses, seafood, etc. Anything with iodine in it I can't have. So, essentially, I can have non-iodized salt, plain meat, rice, veggies, fruits, veggies, veggies, fruits, fruits, sugar, sugar...yeah, you all get the point. The day before my scan, I go to the hospital and take 5 millicuries of radioactive iodine (not enough to harm anyone) and go home. The radioactive iodine they give me that day will light up any thyroid tissues left in my neck. The next day I have my scan, which will determine if anything is left. Let's hope not.
Now, about my panic attacks. I've been getting them now and then for about a week or so. I got one that was pretty bad Saturday night, and I got another one last night. I basically feel like I'm going to die, I feel as if I cannot breathe, I get nauseated and nervous, and I am starting to get headaches with the attacks as well. I just hope when school is over they lessen in seriousness if not go away. I need to talk to my doctor about medication though, so that should help.
If it's not one thing, everyone, it's always another.

No comments:
Post a Comment