Sunday, May 6, 2007

using people is so overrated.

I apologize for all the rants people, but this is one of the reasons I created this blog. Not to mention, not many friends read this, especially the one about whom I will write today.

Plans. They're made in advance for a reason. It's a simple concept; when you make a plan, you either keep it, or have a reasonable excuse. Not contacting the person you made the plans with is not an excuse.

My "best guy friend" asked me if I wanted to go to a festival nearby today. I said I'd love to, and to let me know if he can actually make it. Now, I contacted him last night with no response. I tried calling him this morning with no answer. So, alas, the festival started 45 minutes ago, and I'm fuming.

This isn't the only time he's done this. There's been plenty of other times where we've made plans and he's broken them or not even contacted me to break them.

I thought for the longest time I had gotten away from being walked all over and used. Well, come to think of it, I've dealt with it more times than I thought. It hurts, and I really am tired of it. The guy even missed my 18th birthday party! He said he had a long day at work and fell asleep at home because he was so tired. Sure, he redeemed himself later, but he could at least call or text me saying he can't make it or he doesn't want to. It's better than just blowing people off.

I've wanted to vent to him for so long about this. It's about time I did, but I'm not contacting him until he realizes he did something wrong. Like all the other times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry, Dori. I'm glad that I'm not the target, but I feel sorry for the poor soul who is...