Mike Wade was a man I always admired and looked up to. He always had a smile on his face and looked at all of us robotics students with all the love in the world. He's the man pictured below on the right.
I first met him at the first Chesapeake Regional competition in 2003. Miss Jenny introduced me to him, and I immediately came to adore him. He was so gentle and kind, and very easy to talk to.
I was excited to see him again that summer, where he MC'ed the Maryland State Fair competition. He hugged me and was happy to see me. He took time out of his busy schedule those few days to talk with me. Later one of the competition days a team had a fundraiser at a Chick-Fil-A nearby. I hitched a ride with a few teammates. A guy there had been hitting on me, and later I found out he was also the Chick-Fil-A cow! He kept making me laugh and talking to me. He was very nice, but the whole situation was slightly humiliating. Eventually, the story spread and Mike Wade teased me about it during the rest of the competition. I was humiliated, but I also realized later on that he teased me with love.
Throughout the last four years I knew him, I was still the object of his jokes, but I never really minded. He always smiled at me when he would joke, and lovingly hug me to "comfort" me. He was one of few people I truly looked forward to seeing again every competition.
The Chesapeake Regional isn't the same without Mike Wade, and it never will be. No one will be able to take his place...he is truly missed.
I love you, Mike...Godspeed. I hope I see you soon.

RIP Michael O. Wade
May 12, 2007
Love always,
Dori
I first met him at the first Chesapeake Regional competition in 2003. Miss Jenny introduced me to him, and I immediately came to adore him. He was so gentle and kind, and very easy to talk to.
I was excited to see him again that summer, where he MC'ed the Maryland State Fair competition. He hugged me and was happy to see me. He took time out of his busy schedule those few days to talk with me. Later one of the competition days a team had a fundraiser at a Chick-Fil-A nearby. I hitched a ride with a few teammates. A guy there had been hitting on me, and later I found out he was also the Chick-Fil-A cow! He kept making me laugh and talking to me. He was very nice, but the whole situation was slightly humiliating. Eventually, the story spread and Mike Wade teased me about it during the rest of the competition. I was humiliated, but I also realized later on that he teased me with love.
Throughout the last four years I knew him, I was still the object of his jokes, but I never really minded. He always smiled at me when he would joke, and lovingly hug me to "comfort" me. He was one of few people I truly looked forward to seeing again every competition.
The Chesapeake Regional isn't the same without Mike Wade, and it never will be. No one will be able to take his place...he is truly missed.
I love you, Mike...Godspeed. I hope I see you soon.
RIP Michael O. Wade
May 12, 2007
Love always,
Dori

No comments:
Post a Comment