For the millionth time, I've joined Weight Watchers again.
I weighed in today for the first time since June, and I only gained 2.2 pounds since then. I'm 183 pounds right now.
I'm kind of wondering why I kept quitting all those times. I've been going in and out of Weight Watchers since I was 12. I think this is my 7th time coming back. It's kind of funny. I've just now realized that I CAN do this. It's going to be difficult, sure, but it's not something that's out of my reach. My big goal overall is to get to about 135-140 pounds. That's between 43 and 48 pounds. That's a lot, but it's not impossible. My aunt lost over 100 pounds about 30 years ago doing Weight Watchers. Back then, it was a much more difficult plan. They actually did not let you eat certain foods. Now, they let you eat whatever you want, but the trick is to watch portions.
Right now, I plan on losing 5% of my current weight, which would bring me to 173.8 pounds. That's 9.2 pounds. My next goal is 10% of my starting weight, which is 18.3 pounds. That would bring me to 164.7 pounds. I was about that weight last time I was in WW. I had lost about 25 pounds over the course of a year, but then I gained most of it back. My total loss now, from when I started about a year and a half or so ago to now, is 12.8 pounds. That's still really good, considering I haven't been keeping track or participating in WW since June. I think I'm at a really good starting point here.
I need to do this. Not only for my physical health, but my mental and emotional health. I'm not proud of myself. I'm not happy with who I am right now. I hate looking at my friends who look amazing and worked hard for it, and feeling like I failed. I despise the feeling that I'm not beautiful enough or attractive enough. I'm a decent person; I'm not horrible, but I'm not fantastically amazing either. I think I'm a good person to be around, and I wish looks didn't matter. But, they do, and this is a SMALL yet one of the reasons why I want to change.
This is going to happen. My life will change. Starting now.
I weighed in today for the first time since June, and I only gained 2.2 pounds since then. I'm 183 pounds right now.
I'm kind of wondering why I kept quitting all those times. I've been going in and out of Weight Watchers since I was 12. I think this is my 7th time coming back. It's kind of funny. I've just now realized that I CAN do this. It's going to be difficult, sure, but it's not something that's out of my reach. My big goal overall is to get to about 135-140 pounds. That's between 43 and 48 pounds. That's a lot, but it's not impossible. My aunt lost over 100 pounds about 30 years ago doing Weight Watchers. Back then, it was a much more difficult plan. They actually did not let you eat certain foods. Now, they let you eat whatever you want, but the trick is to watch portions.
Right now, I plan on losing 5% of my current weight, which would bring me to 173.8 pounds. That's 9.2 pounds. My next goal is 10% of my starting weight, which is 18.3 pounds. That would bring me to 164.7 pounds. I was about that weight last time I was in WW. I had lost about 25 pounds over the course of a year, but then I gained most of it back. My total loss now, from when I started about a year and a half or so ago to now, is 12.8 pounds. That's still really good, considering I haven't been keeping track or participating in WW since June. I think I'm at a really good starting point here.
I need to do this. Not only for my physical health, but my mental and emotional health. I'm not proud of myself. I'm not happy with who I am right now. I hate looking at my friends who look amazing and worked hard for it, and feeling like I failed. I despise the feeling that I'm not beautiful enough or attractive enough. I'm a decent person; I'm not horrible, but I'm not fantastically amazing either. I think I'm a good person to be around, and I wish looks didn't matter. But, they do, and this is a SMALL yet one of the reasons why I want to change.
This is going to happen. My life will change. Starting now.

1 comment:
Hey dori-
It's been a looong time.
It's funny, I'm starting over on ww again. Would you like to kind of support eachother, maybe exchange emails a couple times a week or something?
Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment