Tuesday, December 30, 2008

happy news.

So I'm a very excited woman. I lost 1.8 pounds, bringing me to 181.2 pounds. I'm very pleased! If I stick to it really well this week, then I'll hopefully go under 180 pounds. I aim for anything below that for this next goal. I'm really proud of myself.

1.8 pounds may sound small to some people, but in reality, this is a big step. I'm almost 2 pounds closer to my goal, and soon enough, if I play my cards right, I'll be at goal weight and feeling better about myself than I ever have. I grew up at a decent weight until I was maybe 8 or 9. At that point, I started gaining and became overweight. I never really did much about it, and my mother tried so hard to get me to join Weight Watchers around when I was 12. I lost 12 pounds, but I never stuck to it. This is maybe my 7-8th time joining, but I don't care. The point is, I'm back, and I plan on staying. Personally, I'm sick of cringing every time I take a picture of myself or see pictures people have taken. I know how others feel about my appearance, I just don't feel that way about myself. I want to get to the point where I finally feel good about myself. I'm proud of the person I've become, but I think I could use some self-esteem, especially about my body. I appreciate my curves and love them, but I shouldn't have all this weight holding me down. I won't let it keep me down any longer. If my aunt can lose over 100 pounds and my mother lose all the weight she lost, then I can too.

Until next week, everyone! :)

No comments: