I had a cool idea last night. I was taking a break from dancing and playing with the screen saver setting on my phone. I happened upon the pictures of the gorgeous sunset Courtney, Jake and I witnessed on our way to west coast swing. I decided to make one my screen saver. My current wallpaper is a light blue ribbon, which is the ribbon for thyroid cancer. I then compared the two, and labeled the ribbon the "burden." The sunset was "peace." You know how sometimes you leave your phone for a while, and when it goes idle your screen saver pops up? The statement that seemed to run through my head was "where there are burdens, there peace is also." What a great thing to remember. Just minutes before I was feeling my neck and getting extremely upset over the stupid lymph node that keeps bringing up so many problems. Then I saw the screen saver and felt a sense of peace. I can only hope that I can be at peace once the testing is all over.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment