Tuesday, September 16, 2008

contemplations. grr.

There's something that is seriously upsetting me these days, and I really need to let it out. I figured this would be a good place since I haven't vented here in a long time, or even updated for that matter.

I have a friend of mine who I've known since we were in high school. She's very interesting. Her personality is very...unemotional, really. She just doesn't show her affection much. When she does, I never see it done toward me. It pisses me off a little, because it makes me feel like she doesn't care about me. Let me explain.

Lately, she (let's call her Mary) been very cold toward me. It's not fair, really. Two weeks ago, a group of us from my college went to swing dance, which is a big thing for us. It was the first week that all of us were back in town and all, so it was a huge deal. At one point, I leaned on my friend's shoulders from behind her and whispered something in our friend's ear, and she replied "stop" to what I was saying, and Mary snaps to me "she means stop leaning on her!" This just had me taken aback, and I said to her, "You don't even know what you're talking about," which she didn't. She didn't reply, of course.

I wore a somewhat low-cut shirt that night, and when my dance partner dipped me, my shirt went awry. As I was fixing it, Mary yelled to me in passing "your chest is hanging out!" I yelled back "Mind your own business!"

Then we were at swing dance last Friday, and when she came in everyone gave her hugs. She was smiling and hugging people back, then when I stand up and go to give her a hug, she says "Oh hi" and her smile fades a little, and she hugs me as if I'm just an awkward acquaintance. I said, "oh wow" and just looked at her. I then asked, "what was that?" And she just looked at me with an odd look, as if she knew but didn't want to show she did know what I was talking about (if that sentence even made sense). It was strange.

Then today I see her outside at school. I came over and said hi, and she looked me up and down and said "oh wow." She had never seen me in my scrubs before (I work for a doctor). I said, "I work for a doctor, Kristy. I need to wear these." And she said, "oh yeah." And then turned back to whomever she was talking to, acting like I never came up to talk to her. I was slightly taken aback, but then I said "I won't be at ballroom club tonight, my grandmother's in town." She just replied with a "oh ok, cool." I said I'd see her Friday at swing dance, but then she said that she wouldn't be there and that she was hanging out with "the girls." I said "oh, ok, well bye." And before I could even finish my goodbye, she had already turned back to that person.

She just makes me so angry. It pisses me off that she just shuts me out and away like that. I don't mean to sound cocky here, but I'm a damn good friend to have. I don't ever betray people, I'm honest and I love each friend and am very good to each one. I make my mistakes, sure, but so does everyone else. It happens. I just don't understand why she does it. I'm this close to telling her to go screw off and leave me be. Doesn't sound half bad, does it?

No comments: