So before I leave for Virginia I want to write something more personal and special.
As most of you may know, or not know, today marks exactly one year since I found out I had papillary carcinoma. I was thinking the past couple of days about what I would say about today. How would I react? What would I do? Who would I tell? Who would I share it with? Well, I decided I would share it with all of you.
I look back on how much I seem to have grown up the past year. I had to, really, there was no choice. I remember sitting in that office and just knowing something was wrong with me, and that that something would change my life forever. I remember only crying for maybe a total of ten minutes, and then bucking up and thinking "OK, what now?"
This year seemed more like ten years. I feel as if I've aged so much because of all the events. Two surgeries (one not related), two treatments, about five or six scans, and a lot of pills (hehe). It's unbelievable, really. I still am unable to truly comprehend all that's happened. I hate pinching myself and seeing that this is real, that my entire life did in fact change with just one blink of an eye.
I want to thank all of you for giving me the strength and encouragement I needed to get through all of this. You (yes, you!) mean so much to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me.
As most of you may know, or not know, today marks exactly one year since I found out I had papillary carcinoma. I was thinking the past couple of days about what I would say about today. How would I react? What would I do? Who would I tell? Who would I share it with? Well, I decided I would share it with all of you.
I look back on how much I seem to have grown up the past year. I had to, really, there was no choice. I remember sitting in that office and just knowing something was wrong with me, and that that something would change my life forever. I remember only crying for maybe a total of ten minutes, and then bucking up and thinking "OK, what now?"
This year seemed more like ten years. I feel as if I've aged so much because of all the events. Two surgeries (one not related), two treatments, about five or six scans, and a lot of pills (hehe). It's unbelievable, really. I still am unable to truly comprehend all that's happened. I hate pinching myself and seeing that this is real, that my entire life did in fact change with just one blink of an eye.
I want to thank all of you for giving me the strength and encouragement I needed to get through all of this. You (yes, you!) mean so much to me, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment