Drinking: Water
Listening to: Nothing
Thinking: How tired I am
Feeling: OK.
There's much to tell.
So I had the PET/CT scan done, and it turned out there is a cancerous lymph node in the left side of my neck; the same one my endocrinologist biopsied. So, since the treatments didn't do jack for it, I have to get it removed.
I thought at first, from what my surgeon told my sister the next day, that I would only get that one removed, plus the one directly above and the two directly below it. Well, boy was I wrong.
I saw my surgeon on Monday, and he told me that he would remove 22 lymph nodes (including the cancerous one), and it would be about a 2 hour procedure. He said the only risks with this surgery are nerve damage, bleeding and infection, all of which are uncommon if not rare. I'm not too concerned about the surgery, I'm just not looking forward to going under and the feeling I get when I wake up. Bleh.
I'll be in the hospital for about two nights, but if I feel good the next day then I can go home. Woohoo! Unfortunately, I'll have drains for 5 days after the procedure...goodie goodie!
The date is November 30th at 1pm. Pray, please and thank you!
So I had the PET/CT scan done, and it turned out there is a cancerous lymph node in the left side of my neck; the same one my endocrinologist biopsied. So, since the treatments didn't do jack for it, I have to get it removed.
I thought at first, from what my surgeon told my sister the next day, that I would only get that one removed, plus the one directly above and the two directly below it. Well, boy was I wrong.
I saw my surgeon on Monday, and he told me that he would remove 22 lymph nodes (including the cancerous one), and it would be about a 2 hour procedure. He said the only risks with this surgery are nerve damage, bleeding and infection, all of which are uncommon if not rare. I'm not too concerned about the surgery, I'm just not looking forward to going under and the feeling I get when I wake up. Bleh.
I'll be in the hospital for about two nights, but if I feel good the next day then I can go home. Woohoo! Unfortunately, I'll have drains for 5 days after the procedure...goodie goodie!
The date is November 30th at 1pm. Pray, please and thank you!

2 comments:
Hi there I just want to say don't be scared I had a lumpectomy done on my breast I had a benign tumor growing rapidly that the doctors said had a good chance of becoming malignant and breast cancer does run in my family....anyway God is good and will watch over you.
http://davincisbloglog.blogspot.com/
Thank you, da vinci...I'm glad it was benign, and that you didn't end up having breast cancer.
Amen, God is indeed good.
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Post a Comment