Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Water
Listening to: Godsmack - Voodoo
Thinking: "I really want my bed."
Feeling: Worn out and tired
Drinking: Water
Listening to: Godsmack - Voodoo
Thinking: "I really want my bed."
Feeling: Worn out and tired
So apparently I'm not in the clear just yet.
Unfortunately, my thyroglobulin levels were a smidge higher than what my doctor prefers, so she had me get an ultrasound last Monday. Turns out there was a lymph node that was a centimeter wide and looked suspicious. My doctor took a biopsy (well, four) of it, and sent it to pathology on Thursday.
The results came back yesterday, essentially saying that there was no thyroid tissue or diagnostic cells present in the samples sent.
So, the next step is a thyrogen-stimulated PET/CT scan, which will determine if there's anything in my body that looks suspicious. I will be getting two injections over the course of two days, then the third day I will receive the scan itself. The scan is about an hour and a half long (ohhhh joy). I pray I can take my iPod in (doubtful). Hey, it's worth a shot. ;-)
This scan won't happen for about 2 weeks since this type of scan is expensive and my doctor needs to get approval for me to receive the thyrogen and the PET/CT scan. Woohoo (spoken of course with disdain and dissatisfaction)!
That's the update on me medically right now. School, however, is another story.
It's kicking my ass.
ENGL 251 (Grammar) is simple enough, I just need to actually study the terms. I just took a test today that I had completely forgotten about and I forgot a majority of the material. I think I did well though, oddly enough.
SOCI 101 (Sociology) is really bugging me. Right now I have a C, and I'm not pleased. I need to study better for the next test, not to mention keep up with the stupid readings. Bleh.
PHSC 101 (Physics)...eh. The workbook is too easy. It's almost like it was written for middle school students. It's kind of pathetic, but the professor is nice and cuts us some slack sometimes since the class is two hours and 45 minutes long.
PSYC 101 (Psychology) is painfully easy. I looked over my notes the night before and the morning of the test and I managed a B on the test. If I study a little more I'll probably get an A. The professor gives us the notes in class, and tells us to read the book. Well, the notes are pretty much what she tests us on. I don't even need the book, really (damn, that's $35-50 out the window).
COMM 131 (Public Speaking) isn't as bad as I thought. I just gave my first speech yesterday, and it went very well; I was surprised. The readings are common sense, and there's a lot of it. We're supposed to have read chapters 5-11 and 14. I haven't gotten past 5. Yick.
So that's my update on everything. Other than all this madness, I'm fine. :)
God bless!

1 comment:
Reading? You're worried about reading?!
And you call yourself a college student... ;)
Post a Comment